Sunday, October 30, 2011

Final Blog


My entrepreneurial idea of a make-your-own burrito restaurant has evolved throughout the semester. I started with the idea of a make-your-own burrito place because whenever I go to Chipotle or similar types of restaurants the employees never make the burrito how I want it. Additionally, I got the idea from one of my favorite places in New York City called 16 Handles, which is a do-it-yourself type of frozen yogurt place. With the proper tools and marketing strategies, this could be a successful business.
            Week one I discussed the social media aspect of the restaurant and how I would actively use twitter. Twitter would help gain business because of the daily tweets about deals and specials. Week two I discussed the importance of being proficient in excel. This is especially important in the financial aspect of reporting costs, break-even points, the operating budget and everything else related to the money side of the business. Without the knowledge of excel there wouldn’t be any way of organizing the data to keep your restaurant in business in addition to making a profit.
            I discussed computer systems and the different parts of the computer in week 3. I decided that I would have two different computers in my restaurant- one register in the front and one in the back for the financial information. I went on to explain the different amounts of memory on each computer as well as the CPU.
            In blog 4 I discussed the use of the Google wallet and how it would increase efficiency in my restaurant. Blog 5 I talked about the blogger and in blog 6 I discussed operating systems. I would most likely have Mac OS X as my operating system, which allows the user to use pre-emptive multitasking. This is an important component to the financial aspect in trying to get the yearly or quarterly reports.
            Finally, the last blog I wrote discussed the website that I would have for my restaurant. It explained how the website would function and the specific things that go into making and designing a website.
            Overall, this project was a good way to get to understand what it really takes to open up a business and all of the elements that go into running a successful business. There are innumerable amounts of different technology related aspects that are involved in running a business and without the knowledge of them there is no way you could open a business. One day I hope to own a restaurant and I will definitely use these tools to open it.

Here are the three names and URLs that I commented on:
Christopher Nemetz-

Thaney Cockrell:

Matt Tallman:
http://matttallmanist195.blogspot.com/2011/09/week-1-social-media-matt-tallman.html?showComment=1318378869366#c5807762376744531198

No comments:

Post a Comment